Frequently Asked Questions
- QUESTION – I want to attend SAS high school but I need financial help. How do I apply for help? ANSWER – The financial help offered by the SAS Ai scholarship program has two (2) basic requirements: (1) Applicant is academically ready, strong, and maintains a grade point average of 85% or higher, and (2) Applicant comes from a poor family with an annual gross income of not more than P75,000 (Philippine pesos), roughly $1867 US dollars. If you meet both requirements then you may apply for acceptance to the scholarship program. Applying to the scholarship program is not a guarantee of acceptance. It puts you in the running for acceptance among other applicants.
- QUESTION – How are the finalists for scholarship selected from among the applicants? ANSWER – The selection process begins with your declaration of intent. All candidates wanting to apply take an admission PRE-TEST. This combination achievement and aptitude pre-test finds out what you have learned and your potential to learn. The subjects covered include Math and Science, Arithmetic, English, General Knowledge, Reading Comprehension, and Social Studies. After you pass the pre-test, you fill out a formal application that includes a written essay, followed by an interview. Your competitiveness depend on the correctness of your filled out application form, the strength of your essay, and your personal interview. After the interview, semi-finalists get a home visit. It is important the parents and candidate are present during the home visit. Next, the scholarship committee selects the finalists from among the semi-finalists who made it through the home visit.
- QUESTION – When should I let the SAS Ai Field Team know of my interest in applying for scholarship help? ANSWER – Provided you meet the two basic requirements, you should begin informing the Field Team of your interest as soon as you finish 7th grade.
- QUESTION – Where does SAS Ai look for applicants to their scholarship program offering? ANSWER – As of today, we recruit applicants from all schools in Tagudin and its Barangays, Sevilla, Sagat, Santa Cruz, Sudipen, Bangar, La Union. We are also looking at students from Suyo and Alilem.
- QUESTION – What does the SAS Ai scholarship program pay for? ANSWER – The SAS Ai financial aid program, besides being the most generous, complete, sought after and most coveted scholarship program today, pays the following tangible high school costs:
- Tuition and matriculation
- Books and publications
- Computer LAB fees and other miscellaneous fees
The SAS Ai financial aid program also pays for intangible school costs, such as: mentoring, coaching, virtual classroom experiences, educational excursions, sleep-overs, picnics, and group study sessions.